When can I choose my seat on a Southwest Airlines flight?

Good Communication is the key to cop-up with good ideas

HomeForumsDoes Southwest Airlines offer first class seating?When can I choose my seat on a Southwest Airlines flight?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Author Posts
Michael Smith Keymaster

Southwest Airlines takes a nontraditional approach with seat selection. By not providing Southwest Airlines seat selection prior to the boarding process, it differentiates itself from other airlines. Instead, the airline operates on an open seating basis, where passengers can select any available seat when boarding the aircraft.

Boarding is organized in first-come, first-served basis according to groups (A, B, or C) and specific positions (1-60) within each respective group, with actual assignments based upon check-in time.

Attending to check-in early-on – up to 24 hours prior to flight departure- can promote a better boarding position, offering more favorable seat choices.

Those passengers who want to board earlier can enhance their chances of getting early check-in 36 hours before flight schedules by buying EarlyBird Check-In. This does not guarantee a “seat” within the “A” boarding group, but it ensures more opportunities for a better position when boarding.

Should you require additional support, please consult Fly Travel Board or contact +1 (844) 539-5787.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.